Blind Tiktokker Kicked Out of Gym for "Staring" at Woman While She Was Working Out: "It Was Rough"

PAY ATTENTION: Empowering lives, one story at a time. Briefly News launched a YouTube channel Briefly TV. Subscribe now! Toby Addison, a blind TikTokker has shared about a heartbreaking incident that occurred when he was 17 years old.

• A blind man named Toby Addison has recalled the day he was accused by a woman of staring while in a gym he had visited for the first time
  • The 21-year-old revealed that given his impairment, he has no control over the direction of his eyes, so he had no idea they were directed at a woman who was working out
  • She concluded he was staring at her and called the management to eject him from the gym
  • Efforts to plead innocence fell on deaf ears as the woman insisted that his foldable walking stick was a gadget he was using to peep

PAY ATTENTION: Empowering lives, one story at a time. Briefly News launched a YouTube channel Briefly TV. Subscribe now!

Toby Addison, a blind TikTokker has shared about a heartbreaking incident that occurred when he was 17 years old.

According to him, he was branded a creep and kicked out for staring at a woman who was working out in the same gym he was.

Addison became blind during teenage years

What those who threw him did not know that Addison had been born sighted but started losing his vision at the age of 11, Daily Star reports.

By the time he got into his teenage years, the now-21-year-old footballer had lost 80% of his sight, and he currently only has about 4% remaining.

He recalled how the incident happened when, at the age of 17, he went to a new gym for the first time and a woman furiously accused him of staring at her.

According to him, he tried to explain to both the woman and members of staff that he was blind but they branded him a creep and proceeded to throw him out.

Has no control over where his eyes look

Addison disclosed that most time he doesn’t really know where he is looking unless he is talking to someone so looks in their direction.

“So I was just staring straight ahead and unfortunately there was a woman doing some exercises. I don’t know what she was doing, whether it was some squats or whatever, where you may be in a more vulnerable position maybe and don’t want to be stared at," he remembered.

When the woman first approached him, he didn't even know it was him she was talking to because he had not done anything wrong.

Upon learning that he had been accused falsely, he opened up about being blind and that his walking cane had been folded in his lap but she refused to believe him.

“She said something along the lines of ‘Why do you keep staring at me? Stop. Don’t be so creepy," he explained.

Incident dented Addison's confidence

News.com.au adds that the angry woman told the teen to shut up before reporting him to the management.

Addison suspects that the woman didn't buy his story because she thought the cane was a disguise for him to creep on women.

“It was rough, it knocked my confidence a lot and made me feel like being blind is a problem, that it causes problems,” he concluded.

That is now water under the bridge now as he has since gained the confidence to speak up and commands a huge following of over 255,000 followers on TikTok.

Video of woman pretending to be blind exposes people's greed

Briefly News reported on a woman on TikTok who made a video that ended up looking more like a social experiment testing people's honesty.

The creator presented herself as a blind woman who would accidentally drop money to see who would help her.

Online users were eager to see the results, but many left the video disgusted by how most of the people acted.

Source: TUKO.co.ke

ncG1vNJzZmiaop6yp7jYZ5qoZqqWfLGxzqmjnmdha39zfJRmmaWhnpl6tbXKraaknaJiuKqvyp6bZp%2Bponq0wMCroKefXay8rq3NZq6oqpueu6h50aisoKBf

Share!